The Emissions Reduction Fund is the centrepiece of the Australian Government's climate change policy; designed to help meet the nation's target of reducing emissions to five percent below the year 2000 levels.
CottonInfo and NSW DPI have developed a series of six fact sheets designed to outline the opportunities for the cotton industry under the Emissions Reduction Fund. These six fact sheets can be downloaded via the links below.
1. Overview of the Fund and opportunities available for cotton;
2. Method 1: Fertiliser use efficiency in irrigated cotton;
3. Method 2: Industrial electricity and fuel efficiency;
4. Method 3: Reforestation and afforestation;
5. Method 4: Native vegetation regrowth;
6. Method 5: Soil carbon sequestration.