Join the CottonInfo, IMAG Consulting and CSD teams, researchers and industry specialists for an update into your soil health. Join us to learn about:
- Soil health: rotations, microbes, constraints and visual assessments - with CottonInfo soil health technical lead & UNE soil systems lecturer, Dr Oliver Knox.
- Using spatial technology to quantify subsoil constraints in irrigated and dryland cropping systems - with UNE lecturer and PCT soil nutrition and plant health specialist, Brendan Griffiths.
- The cover crop trial work in progress at Yanco Ag Institute - with NSW DPI cotton agronomist, Hayden Petty.
- Use of cover crops in agricultural production systems - with NSW DPI R&D agronomist, Colin McMaster.
- The optimisation of manure management in cotton production in southern regions - with Deakin University senior research fellow, Dr Wendy Quayle.
- The cotton disease surveys and a general disease overview - with CottonInfo disease management technical lead and NSW DPI cotton pathologist, Tim Green.
Presentation sessions will be followed by a visit to the biodegradable film trial site, and a hands-on soil pits session. The worskshop will conclude mid-afternoon with a Q&A session and refreshments.
Please note: Morning tea, lunch and refreshments will be provided. Please bring your own chair for the morning session at Walla Wallah.
Date: Thursday 28 November
Time: 8:15am for an 8:30am start.
Location: ‘Walla Wallah’, Forbes. (Directions: From Forbes: travel 6km on Newell Hwy towards West Wyalong and turn right onto the Lachlan Valley Way towards Condobolin. Travel 11km along Lachlan Valley Way and turn left at the Big’N gas tanks. Follow the road 700m into the Walla Wallah sheds).
For more: Contact Andrew McKay, CottonInfo: 0407 992 495, firstname.lastname@example.org or Cameron Corke, IMAG Consulting, 0400 339 572, email@example.com. Please RSVP by 25 November 2019.