A one-day CottonInfo workshop providing strategies to manage resistant weeds in cotton farming systems.
Weeds that can't be controlled with glyphosate are forcing a re-think on the range and diversity of weed management tactics used in Australian cotton systems. Increasingly growers have to integrate a wider range of management tools just to keep ahead of the weeds. These 1-day workshops address specific cotton weed management issues, with practical guidance for growers and consultants on herbicide resistance.
Workshop topics include:
- Managing weed seedbank dynamics in cotton farming systems
- Factors driving the selection of herbicide resistant weeds in cotton systems
- Effective use of the full range of weed management tactics in the cotton toolbox (pre-emergent herbicides, optimising impact of alternate post emergent herbicides, non-herbicide tactics)
- Managing crop establishment and managing volunteer cotton
- Crop sequence and fallows
- Farm hygiene, channel management and weed seed distribution
Workshops will be in small groups and start at 8:30am. Numbers are limited to ensure active participation and discussion, so book early. These workshops are developed and delivered by ICAN on behalf of the CRDC and CottonInfo. Cost is $50pp (GST inclusive).